Thursday, June 4, 2009

Fun with a jelly roll

Something I whipped up awhile ago, now a ufo. Not really crazy about the colors but it's for a cottage and I wanted the old fashion feel. I think it works. Still have to back it... not my fav part. Love to design the front but finishing , not so much.

How simple is a jelly roll! Decide your pattern, already cut strips.. Too simple.

But as I've been experimenting I've found I love flying by the seat of my pants. Creative juices flowing, mix it up, go for the wonky blocks. More my style at the moment. Random fabric, not pre cut, go for it!

I just got my hands on a Husqvarna Rose.. Anyone have one? My mom's friend was basically giving it away so I grabbed it. Can't wait to play. And now I will be able to try my hand at free motion and possibly want to finish more of my ever growing quilt tops... yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment